A map of the most photographed places on Earth in 2013
Mid-December, Instagram released a list of the most photographed places in the World. The winning location is somehow sadly…a shopping mall in Bangkok.
Soon after, Google released a far more impressive dynamic map of its most geotagged photos of 2013. New York City, Barcelona and Rome are the winners.
More on Passepartout
- Manufactured Landscapes (2006, directed by Jeniffer Baichwal) I don’t think anyone can have the vaguest idea of the scale, extent and impact of industrialization on the Earth, until they see Edward Burtynsky’s photos and this amazing documentary. […]
- Poland Flavour in Images – The Work of Tomasz Wiech Tomasz Wiech just made my day. "Poland is a country of endless Carnival and great disappointment. The Carnival is obvious, and the disappointment is explicable, because things were […]
- Achim Lippoth’s Visual Story of a Boy, a Stuffed Elephant and Their Friendship
- This must be underwater dog Seth Casteel is not only a photographer but also a genuine animal lover. He took these unusual photos of which you can see more on his website. Casteel not only exhibits his work, but also […]
- The Romania I love: a photo series about the surprising and the charms I’ll miss I'm leaving Romania today and going back to The Netherlands, and it's also the last day of the year and the last 2014 post on Passepartout, and somehow it feels just right to show you […]
- Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters (2012, directed by Ben Shapiro) I always find the films showing the work behind the magic fascinating. That's because seeing the work makes the magic accessible and possible and human. Otherwise, one can only […]