Rubber Duckie travels the World
This Rubber Duck travels the World. Designed by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman, Rubber Duck appeared in different places, from Sydney to Sao Paolo and from Hong Kong to Pittsburgh.
Florentijn Hofman says his Rubber Duck has healing properties, it can relieve mondial tensions as well as define them. In his words, ‘the Rubber Duck knows no frontiers, it doesn’t discriminate people and doesn’t have a political connotation.’
I don’t know about that, but for sure it is so unexpected that can relieve any personal tensions, a bit of a reminder to smile and not to take yourself too serious.
You’d be surprised to know that this yellow friend takes months to build. There isn’t one duck traveling the World, what travels is the its concept. In every location the duck was built and inflated by different people.
You never know how one morning you’ll be going to work or having a run and from behind a bridge Rubber Duck will be staring at you.
More on Passepartout
- The art of making the common surprising Gilbert Legrand transforms common usual objects into characters. After you see these surprising transformations, your tap can never be just a tap, your brush just a brush.
Check his […]
- Not just a room with a balcony: Rudi Hurlzmeier Do you know Adolph Menzel? I don’t mean personally, he died in 1905, but do you know his work?
Well, if I told you he was one of the most proeminent german artists of the 19th century […]
- Medieval Emoticons: the Delights of Seeing Art from Long Ago in a (Funny) New Light I'm a big fan of medieval art and representations. That's especially when they are cherry picked around a subject. I previously loved these Ugly Reinaissance Babies, now I'm absorbed by […]
- The Diary of Tortov Roddle: the surreal and the dreamy anime story This surreal animation is my newest discovery. A friend sent it to me tonight and so I plunged in Tortov Roddle's world, a curious place with surprising encounters. Tortov Roddle travels […]
- When books are not for reading: please try this at home I recently found three artists with three different ways and styles of changing books into something unexpected. So here is what you can do with your old dull shelves of books.
- The Earth is not flat “If everybody could do this once, it would completely change the face of global politics, religion, education, everything…” says James May upon his return from this amazing once in a […]