The design of life – 10 cities seen from above
They say that seeing the Earth from outer space puts problems and human life into perspective. It seems to me that seeing cities from above puts human evolution, urban development and culture into perspective. And not only. Besides a certain aesthetic and feel these photos have, they also tell complete stories of the past and the present. And while some city views make you dream, some remind of Burtynsky’s Manufactured Landscapes.
Male – Maldives
More on Passepartout
- The Earth is not flat “If everybody could do this once, it would completely change the face of global politics, religion, education, everything…” says James May upon his return from this amazing once in a […]
- Poland Flavour in Images – The Work of Tomasz Wiech Tomasz Wiech just made my day. "Poland is a country of endless Carnival and great disappointment. The Carnival is obvious, and the disappointment is explicable, because things were […]
- The art of making the common surprising Gilbert Legrand transforms common usual objects into characters. After you see these surprising transformations, your tap can never be just a tap, your brush just a brush.
Check his […]
- Watch Online Animation: Walt Disney and Salvador Dali’s surrealist animation What does Walt Disney and Salvador Dali have in common? Nothing, you might think. But that's not true. Between 1945 and 1946 Salvador Dali collaborated with Walt Disney's John Hench on an […]
- Stories from a 13,000 km trip around the Black Sea Photographer Petrut Calinescu and writer Stefan Candea traveled 13,000 km around the Black Sea. Even though the photos have been taken in different countries (they started the journey in […]
- Seat Assignment – 15th century Flemish style portraits taken in plane lavatory This project is delicious! Nina Katchadourian took these 15th century Flemish style self-portrays in the plane lavatory during flights. She got the idea spontaneously while on a domestic […]