The medium is the message: cliches in movie posters
I found these collages visually captivating and entertaining, considering these (cliche) posters keep appearing, same style, same colors and same films in the end… and yes, they do already contain a message in themselves (hello Marshall McLuhan!).
So take a look.
Back to back.
Romantic-dreamy faces (mostly with the sea).
And if you want more, Cristophe Courtois has more.
More on Passepartout
- The Earth is not flat “If everybody could do this once, it would completely change the face of global politics, religion, education, everything…” says James May upon his return from this amazing once in a […]
- The art of making the common surprising Gilbert Legrand transforms common usual objects into characters. After you see these surprising transformations, your tap can never be just a tap, your brush just a brush.
Check his […]
- Seat Assignment – 15th century Flemish style portraits taken in plane lavatory This project is delicious! Nina Katchadourian took these 15th century Flemish style self-portrays in the plane lavatory during flights. She got the idea spontaneously while on a domestic […]
- The oldest (known) cat pawprints Medievalist Emir O.Filipovic found these inky pawprints on a page of the 13th volume of ''Lettere e comissioni di Levante', a collection of letters and instructions that the Dubrovnik […]
- Watch Online Animation: Walt Disney and Salvador Dali’s surrealist animation What does Walt Disney and Salvador Dali have in common? Nothing, you might think. But that's not true. Between 1945 and 1946 Salvador Dali collaborated with Walt Disney's John Hench on an […]
- ‘Just the Two of Us’ – Klaus Pilcher’s portraits of cosplayers in their homes I knew about people dressing up as manga characters. I knew about their gatherings. But for some reason, I didn't know they were called cosplayers. Cosplaying is not only about manga, but […]