The silent drive: Volkswagen Beetle joins The Silent evolution
Some time ago, I wrote about the magical underwater world created by Jason deCaires Taylor in Cancun’s National Marine Park, in Mexico. 400 sculptures create an artificial home for fishes and crustaceans and everyone else needing a home after having been displaced by the humans messing up with their natural habitat. The Silent Evolution is an unusual conservation project, and the result does not only benefit nature but also creates a magical underwater world. And now, a real size 8 ton Volkswagen Beetle has been added.
More on Passepartout
- Unusual art and marine conservation What you see is not part of an extravagant art project. What you see is an underwater museum and at the same time, an artificial coral reef installation. These statues are meant to attract […]
- The comfort of taking a break from being you: Tom Broadbent’s portraits of Furries in their homes What you do when you're a Furry is that you dress up as a fluffy character and you meet up with other fluffy characters and you chat and have and hang around. You can also do other things, […]
- The magic, the kitsch and the love: Svetlana Novikova’s surprising animal art What? You don't like this? No, no, this cannot be. It's 7 in the morning, autumn is coming, days are shorter... Can you tell me without blinking that you can take a look at this tomcat […]
- The oldest (known) cat pawprints Medievalist Emir O.Filipovic found these inky pawprints on a page of the 13th volume of ''Lettere e comissioni di Levante', a collection of letters and instructions that the Dubrovnik […]
- The Orvillecopter! I’m not sure how I feel about this, but I’m so surprised that I have to post it.
The story is like this: Bart Jansen had a tomcat. His name was Orville. Orville was ran over by a car. So […]
- Pay attention: portrays of an orangutan and all that magic point to an environmental issue in Indonesia Look what I found! This chimp - Man of the Forest, photographed by Ernest Goh - touched me and made me wonder. Yes, I know, you'll say Bianca, this is precisely what you talked about in […]