Books I Read: Some Advice from a Dear Lady
The title makes it sound like a self-help book but it’s not. It’s ex US president Franklin’ D. Roosevelt’s wife, a smart, remarkable and privileged lady, sharing some of the things she learned throughout her life.
Through the pages you can feel who she is and her background, a background I am fairly sure few of us share. But that’s really not the point. The point is that she’s so honest and warm in what she says and so human and honest. And she’s not afraid to be vulnerable and tell true stories. And yes, there’s a tone of good advice in this book.
As you can see I have been studying it intensely: it rained on it, my lunch box leaked on it and many other stuff. But it stays strong just as the lady who wrote it.
More on Passepartout
- To do list: 1. Get a dog, or better, get many dogs.
2. Get a car.
3. Pack books, laptop and tent.
3. Run away .
4. Meanwhile, before everything is ready: Better Call Saul.
- So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed! Here it is, fresh from the print and almost finished (I've been hiding from people to be able to have some peace and quiet to read), Jon Ronson's new book about public shaming, the way […]
- My happy five days trip back to Cluj For the last five days I've been back to Cluj, in Romania, the city where I went to University and where now I travel for a course to learn about biography counseling (if curious about […]
- Passepartout 2015 plans + two photos. Alright. So 2015 is here for some days now. And I hope Passepartout will become bigger and better this year. I like the believe that the two go hand in hand.
I do believe images and art […]
- I met someone very special. Last night. I went with a friend to watch the documentary The Free Voice of Egypt (directed by Konstanze Burkard) at the Movies That Matter Festival. I knew she would be there for a […]
- Running further and faster, and the bits of nature that make it so great My schedule is so packed with appointments and things to do nowadays. Sometimes I feel I cannot handle it anymore, besides a full time job I have two projects in development (one is a film […]