Early morning charm
I began training for the marathon in September. Yesterday morning I did the first run from a series that will take months, about four times every week. It’s exciting and a little bit scary to think of the marathon. I did half marathon last September and half way through I got a cramp that ran with me to the end. Now the distance is double. What if. I ask myself what if just briefly and then I move on to the feeling of challenge, freedom and adventure this training and running in general give me.
And yesterday was really special because I somehow magically woke up before 7 (almost never happens on a work day) and decided to get dressed, I basically jumped from my pyjama in my running clothes, brushed my teeth and went outside. And then there was this quietness. The fresh cold morning air. The white frost all over the grass. And the sun! I saw the sunrise in between trees. And felt that freedom does look a bit like that to me.
More on Passepartout
- Running further and faster, and the bits of nature that make it so great My schedule is so packed with appointments and things to do nowadays. Sometimes I feel I cannot handle it anymore, besides a full time job I have two projects in development (one is a film […]
- Christmas. You know, Santa came last night, got a lot of nice surprises including a tablet that will make my work and my extended readings much easier. The tree I made pretty all by myself fell down […]
- The read, write and watch bad weather weekend The apocalypse didn't come this weekend, even though, judging by the weather, it seemed like a feasible possibility. Somehow talking about the weather in The Netherlands is never a cliche. […]
- The Middle of Nowhere, the Mist and the Longing: a Series of Photos from Around the Wadden Sea I really really miss being in a forest. I felt it today, really strong, didn't recognize it at first but then I realized what it was. I miss the forest and therefore I miss home. Back home […]
- Last day of 2014. I'm ready. Ready for two things: to go back to The Netherlands (in a couple of hours) and to start 2015 (in just a little bit more than a couple of hours). The first thing is almost […]
- My only photo of my grandparents cooking, taking before that whole world disappeared. I don't remember why I took this photo, I guess out of some sort of intuition that the world inside that house was not going to last much longer. My grandparents often cooked together and […]