Hey? Anybody still around?
I know what you’re probably thinking, this place became really really quiet. And that’s true. It’s been quiet for a while and I’ve been a busy bee organizing a festival called Spotlight:Romania, my baby-project and long time dream. I am doing it with a friend, Corina, and together we started this cultural initiative called Eastwards, to take Eastern European culture and put it into events and happenings. And now we’re here and there and everywhere, pulling ropes and pushing doors to make Spotlight:Romania happen. And it will happen.
Me, I’ve been curating a big exhibition of contemporary Romanian documentary photography, all the (Eastern) feel and the stories in one place. And we’re almost there, with the festival I mean, I’ll tell you all about it, I promise. Don’t give up on me and Passepartout because there are some really good things coming up. In a bit.
And if you’re in The Netherlands, please come. 3rd of October – 8th of November. We’ll have movies every Tuesday evening in De Nieuwe Regentes Theater (we have Aferim! and not only), the photos are to be seen in Gemak, and on top of that we have a pretty cool side program with workshops and docs. Keep an eye on our Eastwards page for all the events.
And on Passepartout for my stories. 😉
More on Passepartout
- First #SpotlightRomania is a wrap! And I'm in for a new project already, not sure which one though but I'm ready to find it or find them.
The festival was great to make, great to witness it happening and be there, and […]
- It’s all happening! Spotlight : Romania is a showcase for the real photo stories that make contemporary Romania interesting Here is my big excuse for neglecting you and Passepartout for so long. It's all happening now, not even a hurricane can stay in its way. The Spotlight:Romania exhibition I curated will be […]
- The Romania I love: a photo series about the surprising and the charms I’ll miss I'm leaving Romania today and going back to The Netherlands, and it's also the last day of the year and the last 2014 post on Passepartout, and somehow it feels just right to show you […]
- Poland Flavour in Images – The Work of Tomasz Wiech Tomasz Wiech just made my day. "Poland is a country of endless Carnival and great disappointment. The Carnival is obvious, and the disappointment is explicable, because things were […]
- Do you speak Eastern Europe? Beautiful photos and bad journalism well written Some time ago, the Nigerian writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was giving what is probably my favorite TEDx talk ever. In it, she was talking about the dangers of a single story and she was […]
- The pack: photos of working dogs in New Zeeland This might be the shortest post I have ever written. This week I didn't manage to put anything new on Passepartout. There's IDFA (and I will write about it later in the week) and there's […]