My happy five days trip back to Cluj
For the last five days I’ve been back to Cluj, in Romania, the city where I went to University and where now I travel for a course to learn about biography counseling (if curious about what this is, read here). I’ve been here at the end of February this year and wrote this after.
The course felt pretty intense this time, I had to wake up early and be in the course until the evening, but I also got some time to meet old friends, have lunch with my parents who traveled 500 km for that and explore something I didn’t even realize I miss: markets.
And I got gifts! So many gifts! I feel so spoiled and overwhelmed by all the love and care I felt. I have no photos of the gifts but they vary from a beautiful ring, to a pair of really pretty handmade gloves, to a traditional chicken shaped whistle to good tools for my drawings and a gorgeous skirt. I also treated myself to some books and those strawberries below.
I go back the The Netherlands tomorrow.
Waking up with the love of a 7 kg cat.
Learning about biography is an outside the box process.
Tsuki the saved from a shelter dog.
Flowers bought on the street for a friend.
A place where I used to meet friends when I was a student.
A fierce mom!
The look of love. Heavy love.
A flower from my parents garden that traveled 500 km to me.
My mom and I.
More on Passepartout
- The East and the West: My Geography of Time If there is one thing now that's very different from my life in Romania, that is the pace of life. I've never lived in Bucharest, so I don't know how that is, but in Cluj the rhythm of […]
- Sfantu Gheorghe: photos and stories from the Danube Delta Some months ago I traveled to the Danube Delta, in Romania. I spent a week in Sfantu Gheorghe, a small and beautiful fisherman village at the very point where the Danube arm with the same […]
- The Romania I love: a photo series about the surprising and the charms I’ll miss I'm leaving Romania today and going back to The Netherlands, and it's also the last day of the year and the last 2014 post on Passepartout, and somehow it feels just right to show you […]
- Movies That Matter Festival: Chuck Norris vs Communism and What I Remembered The first film I remember watching - ever - was one in which the main character is a guy dressed in white. Somehow I believe it was Alain Delon but I'm not sure what makes me believe that. […]
- To do list: 1. Get a dog, or better, get many dogs.
2. Get a car.
3. Pack books, laptop and tent.
3. Run away .
4. Meanwhile, before everything is ready: Better Call Saul.
- So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed! Here it is, fresh from the print and almost finished (I've been hiding from people to be able to have some peace and quiet to read), Jon Ronson's new book about public shaming, the way […]