My only photo of my grandparents cooking, taking before that whole world disappeared.
I don’t remember why I took this photo, I guess out of some sort of intuition that the world inside that house was not going to last much longer. My grandparents often cooked together and I grew up in their kitchen. They also made everything I wanted, they spoiled me all the time. This is the only photo I have of them in their kitchen, where the magic happened.
For more grandmas (only, no grandpas) and their dishes, see Gabriele Galimberti’s photos of grandmas and their special dishes.
More on Passepartout
- From grandma with love: a photo series of grandmas and the special food they make I stared at these photos for quite some time because they're such a warm illustration of human diversity and culture. Gabriele Galimberti's series In Her Kitschen is like a thank you note […]
- First #SpotlightRomania is a wrap! And I'm in for a new project already, not sure which one though but I'm ready to find it or find them.
The festival was great to make, great to witness it happening and be there, and […]
- Tuesday, 2015. This is how I feel these days, only I'm not paving the way for much and at least this chimp went into space. Me. Not. Even. Close.
His name was Ham and this was 1961.
On a totally […]
- Films to look forward too: 20,000 Days on Earth - the Nick Cave doc, didn't get to put my claw on it yet. Wild - the film made after Cheryl Strayed's memoir. And then this doc, which has been fully funded on […]
- The East and the West: My Geography of Time If there is one thing now that's very different from my life in Romania, that is the pace of life. I've never lived in Bucharest, so I don't know how that is, but in Cluj the rhythm of […]
- Passepartout 2015 plans + two photos. Alright. So 2015 is here for some days now. And I hope Passepartout will become bigger and better this year. I like the believe that the two go hand in hand.
I do believe images and art […]