This Notebook section is my space to write about more personal stuff. About how yesterday, for example, I was stressed out and couldn’t do any work so I hid in the cinema and watched Gone Girl and loved the film and the fact that I was all alone there, sitting in the last row. Notebook is also space to write about the stuff I see in my back yard and on the street, about the books I read, observations I make, photos I randomly find and so on.
So here’s my favorite thing to look at right now, taken by Marc Riboud, a french photographer who traveled across Asia in the ’50s and the ’60s (and survived to tell the story). He went to Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, China, and Japan, and his photos are at the Rubin Museum right now, in New York and that’s not useful information for me at all, since I live straight across the ocean from New York.
PS. I excluded the Notebook section from the main blog feed because it’s a notebook, you have to look at it by yourself if curious.
More on Passepartout
- Trip to London and 2 photos We went to London this last weekend , went to see friends, see some art, have some food. I love London, I always enjoy being there, I love it because it's gloomy and cosmopolitan, and it's […]
- The perfect travel partner: Craig Armstrong and his Millie Traditionally, non-human adventure partners are not cats. Robyn Davidson, the woman who crossed Australia by foot, was accompanied by a dog and four camels (see Tracks, a new film made […]
- Big love story: 1200 pigs and their papa A man and his 1200 pigs (!!!). And a lot of love and playfulness. That's all you need to know and that's what you will see in this photo series. Another simple and touching story from […]
- It doesn’t get more bitter-sweet than this: Mark Nixon’s portraits of old teddy bears Have you ever noticed how many stories an object from your past can tell? How those stories become alive once you rediscover an item long lost? We live our lives surrounded by objects and […]
- Doing Art and Being a Mom: a Photographer That Does Both and the Story of Travelling Around the US with Her Son "I took Casper on his first road trip when he was three-months old and by the time he was one we managed to stay out most of each year for the next five years of his life" begins the […]
- Taxi (2015, directed by Jafar Panahi) Yesterday I ran through the cold rain and arrived soaking wet at the Movies That Matter Festival to see Jafar Panahi's new film, Taxi. Panahi has a 20 year ban on making movies in his home […]